Looking Forward to 2019
2018 Trinity Radio and Video Review
Thank you from the Trinity Radio Club!
What a 2018 we had this year! We celebrated our 70th anniversary of broadcasting over KDHL radio. We continued to expand our ministry through our website, streaming, recordings and on FCTV. We’ve also added a Podcast with each week’s message from the pastor. A nice way to listen to the message without having to go through the full service. We’d like to give you a review of what’s happened this year.
The Lord continues to truly bless this ministry!
We’d like to thank all of you who gave to the ministry through monetary gifts and gifts of your time/talent! We had so many people helping during the anniversary celebration and throughout the year. A VERY big thank you to Jennie in the church office for all she does for us throughout the year.
As we close out of this 2018 and head to 2019, we’d like to give you some statistics that really show how we are moving this ministry.
- 60 videos uploaded to YouTube for viewing this year (we have over 300 videos on YouTube now)
- 3000 minutes of video has been watched this year on YouTube
- 661 separate views have been completed on YouTube
- We average 10 live stream viewers each week
- Our largest Sunday service live stream viewer total was 25 on 12/2/2018 (snowstorm that day!)
- The largest service live stream viewer total was 33 on 7/14/2018 (Pastor Nirva’s Celebration of Life)
- We’ve had 69 downloads of our App this year.
- Our website continues to see more and more usage. We see users from the US, Norway, Brazil, Ukraine and the United Kingdom as our top viewers.
Income and Expenses
Gifts to the Radio Club totaled over $21,000 this year. With broadcast fees and other expenses, we spent over $17,000. Our KDHL fees for 2018-2019 (our contract runs from October 1 through September 30 of each year) have been paid. Our Streaming service fees have been paid (12 months due each July). Those costs alone are nearly $12,000. We also had expenses related to our computer/camera systems, anniversary costs and some advertisement costs to try to boost our online following.
Goals for 2019
2019 looks to be a big year for our ministry. The goals we have thus far are:
- Bring back our Wrestling fundraiser in March or April. This was a big event in 2018 and brought in a LOT of people from the surrounding communities. We look at this as an event that can show what Trinity is all about.
- Expand our video system. After recording the FLS Christmas service this year, it was painfully obvious that we need another camera in the back of the church. We have funding for that and will be getting it in January hopefully. We also need to replace our two cameras in the front of the church as well as the computer system in the booth. Total for those 2 cameras and the computer will be approximately $12,000. We’d like to do this in the spring.
- Expand our Podcasts and make them more widely used. It’s a great way to build a library of messages from the pastors.
- Expand our streaming service. We’d like to see more people using this. We’d also like to expand this to the 5:30 pm service on Saturday’s and the 10:30 services on Sunday’s. But this takes more people (maybe YOU!!).
- Work with FCTV to make the transfer of services to them easier (right now we have to drop a DVD off to them each week).
- Coordinate with the nursing homes to set up TV’s with devices that will allow them to live-stream our services each week.
Get more people involved with the ministry and help us expand.
What We Need
We’ve got a lot on our plate and we could use a lot of help. Some of the areas we could use your assistance:
- Announcers – Does the opening and closing and other announcements during the service on the radio.
- Videographers – If you can move a mouse and click, you can learn how to run our video system! The video system is integral to our getting on the radio and we need more people to use it. We’d also like to get people that attend the 5:30 and 10:30 services so we can begin to live stream those services as well.
- Authors – We’d love to expand the authors we have on our website. Trying to keep up with all of the goings on here at Trinity requires more people to publish articles and tidbits to our website.
- Technical People – Right now we have one person who knows the ins and outs of our systems. We need to expand that knowledge.
Contact Todd Voge (507-291-1306 or email@example.com) or the church office if you are interested.
Please continue to pray for our ministry. We sincerely appreciate your support and wish you and your family a very wonderful 2019!!